Hazardous Waste Disposal & Vitrification
Frazier-Simplex, Inc. has furnace designs in hazardous waste vitrification processes including nuclear waste, PCB's, and other various waste streams.
There are many types of hazardous waste generated daily in this and other countries. Safe disposal, and in some cases, safe permanent storage of this waste is becoming more challenging.
Frazier-Simplex has teamed with two environmentally innovative organizations in the United States to discover new ways of eliminating hazardous waste. The result of over five years of research and development has been very successful.
Through vitrification and thermal elimination processes, three hazardous waste disposal techniques have been identified and refined. In addition, two of these techniques actually produce a marketable byproduct, and one has developed into a fully operational plant.
The following are some of the key elements Frazier-Simplex provided to these projects:
- Refractory design for radioactive sludge vitrification
- Furnace design for PCB contamination
- Construction and commissioning services
- Controlled electric drains and safety related equipment
- Installation of equipment to existing furnaces
- Repair of refractory substructure and/or superstructure
- Furnace audits - visual and thermographic inspections